Monday, August 3, 2009

25 weeks

What a week.. on Friday I went in to do my 3 hour glucose test, and unfortunately, I failed. So from now until when Whitley is born, I do finger pricks 4x a day to test my blood sugar. So far it has been in excellent range, actually the highest it has been is 97, and that was even after a small amount of banana pudding.

Changing my dieting habits has actually been alot easier than I anticipated. Mainly, cutting out almost all of the butter usage when cooking (I will miss you Land O' Lakes) and substituting with olive oil, or butter flavored cooking spray. I recommend diabeticgourmet.com, that website is loaded with GD-friendly recipes that so far have been delicious!!! As I find award worthy recipes, I will try to post them for anyone looking.

The 25 week picture is somewhat late, but we have just been going and going, but I was able to snap a pic after getting home late Saturday night from going out to eat for Dusty's grandparent's 56 wedding anniversary! WOW! So please excuse the tired looking eyes..

How far along: 25 weeks, 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: +18 lbs
Maternity clothes? yes
Stretch marks? found a small one on my right hip
Sleep: was actually somewhat better the last week or so..
Best moment this week: well not Whitley-related, but my best friend is being induced on WEDNESDAY!!!
Movement: all the time, I feel her the most in the afternoons and late at night.
Food cravings: lets not go there.. all the foods I can't have basically
Food aversions: none
Gender: GIRL!!!!
Labor Signs:none
Belly Button in or out? in
What I miss: fried food..
What I am looking forward to: meeting Tynes Lee on Wednesday!
Weekly Wisdom: pretty much all the info the nurse gave me on GD
Milestones: wouldn't really call it a milestone, but I was diagnosed with GD on Friday. :(

1 comment:

  1. You're looking great! And I love the rope on the nursery walls. Also, kudos on having blue in a girl's room. I've always wanted to do that if I have a girl. Too much pink is just... too much. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete