Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Big News to Share!!!!!

well this picture speaks for itself!!!

After having all day Monday to ponder, I thought of a PERFECT way to tell Dusty: cook everything centered around the baby, of course!

First up: BABY back ribs!

next: BABY carrots! (or what was left of them)

So Dusty comes in from work, and is all excited about his "suprise" supper. He comes and kisses me hey while im mixing the sauce for the ribs and our conversations went like this:

Dusty: hey hun, whats for supper?
Me, the pregnant wife: baby back ribs and baby carrots
Dusty: ooh, (clearly disappointment shows on his face, thinking he was getting steak) thats it?
Me, the pregnant wife slaving over supper: no, theres more.
Dusty: (excitement lights up his face) really?!? what else??? (scans the kitchen for evidence of steak...)
Me: oh, just something you have been wanting... (insert sarcasm here... he has no idea whats in store!)
Dusty, the 25 year old kid: STEAK??!?!?!
Me: yep..
Dusty does his happy dance, and we eat shortly after. Minutes after finishing eating, I go to the "bathroom" (aka, get out of sight and grab the basket of goodies out of the spare bedroom) and emerge with his "dessert." I stop at the end of the hall and ask if he is ready for dessert.

His response: uhh, you got my dessert out of the bathroom?

::slams head against wall::

I assure him I didnt get his dessert out of the bathroom, and tell him to go sit down and close his eyes. Yes we still play the close your eyes game. I tell him to stick out his hands and NO peeking!



I hand him his basket and tell him to open his eyes. Our conversation goes like this:
Dusty, the unsuspecting one: aww sweetie, thanks for all this.. but you know Im on a diet. (he starts to fight his willpowere over Sugar BABIES...)

Me: I know hun, but just keep digging.. its kinda symbolic, the candy.. (I start trailing off about how everything tonight has symbolism, yada, yada, ya... oh wait..

Dusty eyes the bib, and about to get the suprise of his life.



Dusty looks up at me and barely mutters, "Babay??" and all I can do is nodd like crazy and start crying!

Dusty goes into a state of shock, and just keeps hugging me and rubbing my belly! He keeps saying he cant believe hes gonna be a daddy but he is so excited about it. (shocked face clearly still there)
Dusty is one that takes his time to process things, so after a few minutes of me soaking in the bathtub and he came in there and sat down and said he is soo happy for us and he cant wait to find out for sure that its a boy ;-)
We are pretty ecstatic about this news and cant wait to tell all our family and friends!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute story Brit! Congrats again! ~Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit I am SO excited for Dusty and you!! This story was SO cute.

    ReplyDelete